6.5" small format, surface mount loudspeaker
The QSC AcousticDesignTM AD-S6T is a surface mounted 70/100V, 6.5" two-way loudspeaker system, ideally suited for a wide variety of foreground and background sound reinforcement applications.
AcousticDesignTM series offers integrators a premium quality installed sound solution where performance, coverage, and aesthetics are paramount. Combined with unprecedented ease-of-installation and high weather resistance, the AcousticDesignTM Series provides integrators a versitile and confident response.
The AD-S6T features a high quality 6.5" weather treated paper cone woofer on a 1.5” voice coil. A carefully selected 1” silk dome tweeter with a 1” voice coil perfectly matches the sensitivity and performance of the woofer for outstanding full range reproduction.
Consistent and even 105° axisymmetric (conical) coverage is realized by means
of DMTTM (Directivity Matched Transition). This innovation matches the high frequency wavegide to the woofer coverage at the crossover point, resulting in a coherent transducer transition and improved off axis response.
To maintain this frequency response, the AD-S6T utilizes a variable tap 60 watt low saturation and low loss 70/100V transformer with 8Ω bypass, accessible via a rotary selector located on the enclosure back under a weather grommet for improved weather resistance.
All AcousticDesignTM Series surface-mount loudspeakers are housed in rugged ABS enclosures for long-term durability. Sealed input panel covers and powder coated aluminum grilles add weather resistance, exceeding IEC60529 IP-54 for dust and splash resistance.
Installers will appreciate the award winning X-MountTM system, included with each full range AcousticDesignTM model. This ingenious mounting solution achieves unprecedented ease-of-installation in either horizontal, vertical, wall, or ceiling deployments. Knurled surfaces at the pivot planes ensure the load will not drift or sag over time. Articulation marks allow preconfiguration of the X-MountTM while on the ground with no special tools required. Once secure, the loudspeaker installs in seconds, allowing the installer to work safer, smarter, and faster with repeatable results.
To further enhance performance and speed of install with optimum result, advanced voicing filter sets using QSC Intrinsic CorrectionTM techniques are obtainable using the Q-SYS Platform including CXD Series amplifiers for a complete QSC systems solution.
Sensitive to aesthetic demand, the AcousticDesignTM Series feature a stylish appearance free of obtrusive logo adornments. Complimenting adjacent product families, AcousticDesignTM surface loudspeakers are available in QSC standard black (RAL 9011) or white (RAL 9010) and may be painted to match any decor.
To assist in successful systems integration, complete EASE, CAD, and BIM files are available for online download at QSC.com.
- 6.5 inch weather treated woofer; 1 inch silk dome tweeter
- 105° conical DMT™ coverage
- 60 watt low-saturation and low-loss 70/100V transformers with 8Ω bypass
- Maximum peak SPL 116 dB (8 ohm bypass)
- Directivity Matched Transition® (DMT) ensures smooth, uniform frequency response over the coverage area
- X-Mount™ system enables the loudspeaker to be easily installed and deployed at a variety of angles with no slippage over time
- Advanced Intrinsic Correction™ voicings available via Q-SYS™
- Lightweight ABS enclosures offer long-term durability and lasting good looks
- Sealed input panel cover and powder coated aluminum grilles for added weather resistance
- Meets IEC60529 IP-54 for dust and splash resistance
- Available in black (RAL 9011) or white (RAL 9010)
- Complete EASE, CF2, CAD, and BIM information available online